Midwifery Group Practice Midwife
Midwifery Group Practice Midwife
Fixed Term Part Time – 0.7 EFT per fortnight from July 2022 to September 2022
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
Midwifery Group Practice
The Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) midwife will provide and coordinate comprehensive evidenced based care at an advanced level, for an allocated caseload of women utlising primary healthcare principles and advanced problem solving across the childbirth continuum.
The MGP midwife will also provide leadership, planning, coordination, and in addition provide support and mentorship to other staff. The MGP midwife will work in a case load model with the responsibility and accountability for the achievement of quality care and monitoring of outcomes for their allocated women
A unique opportunity exists for a motivated midwife to join our newly implemented MGP within the maternity service. This model of care focuses on women’s individual needs, expectations and aspirations to achieve optimal birthing outcomes within a low risk model for women and babies by empowering women to be an integral part of their care. The position provides continuity of midwifery care proportionate to EFT. Each midwife will as part of the model of care work a total of 0.7 EFT. (up to 0.1 EFT will be on site in birth suite at Bendigo Health.)
Essential for this role
- A Midwife registration with current Authority to Practice with APRHA.
- Experience in team/caseload midwifery or recent experience in all areas of midwifery care.
- Clinical skills required for autonomous practice.
- High level communication and organization skills.
- FSEP Level 3 practitioner
- Skilled in neonatal resuscitation
- Attend regular obstetric emergency simulation training
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors.
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required.
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from April Jardine, Midwifery Coordinator on 5471 3223
Applications close Sunday 10th July 2022
For positions descriptions and how to apply click here.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities