Registered Nurse / Endorsed Enrolled Nurse – Operating Suite (Scout/Scrub/PACU/AN/CSSD)
Casual RN / EEN position
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
Applications are invited from experienced Registered Nurses or Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to join our Theatre Team on a casual basis. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and be committed to providing high quality nursing services. To be successful you will have a current Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse registration with AHPRA and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Scout/Scrub Nurse. If you have a post graduate Certificate in Perioperative Nursing (or are working towards) this will be advantageous. You will also have advanced interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. You should be able to demonstrate effective infection control practices and a commitment to quality improvement.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy:
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year.
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Miriam Van Egmond, Nurse Unit Manager – Operating Suite 03 5471 3461
Applications close Friday 30th September 2022
To apply, please click here.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities