Registered Nurse – Non-Residential Withdrawal
Fixed Term Part Time – 38 hours per fortnight or as negotiated, 12 month contract but may be opportunity for ongoing
About Dhelkaya Health (Castlemaine Health)
Dhelkaya Health is a proud provider of a significant range of local and sub-regional community based services and has a very important role delivering a range of allied health, acute, sub-acute, residential aged care services and a number of outreach services to the community.
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Division 1 Registered Nurse to join our Alcohol and Other Drugs Team. Hours and days of work and are negotiable. This position involves providing advice and psychoeducation for people wanting to stop or reduce their alcohol or drug intake and/or help them safely achieve a home-based withdrawal when appropriate. There may also be the opportunity to be involved in other projects being run by Dhelkaya Health. The successful applicant will preferably have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and hold a Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs but those willing to undergo this training will be considered.
You must be eligible for membership to the appropriate professional body and hold a valid driver’s license.
Culture and Benefits
Located a short drive from Bendigo, Ballarat and Melbourne, Castlemaine is a renowned centre for regional arts and host of the biennial Castlemaine State Festival. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs, unique ironbark forests and historic goldfields, this rural community provides a rich and diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors.
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Castlemaine Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required.
- The Castlemaine Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Castlemaine Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Purdy Buckle, Acting Manager, Alcohol and Other Drugs, on 5471 3630
Applications close 11th November 2022
To apply, please click here.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities