Leisure and Wellbeing Worker
Permanent Part Time – 48 Hours a fortnight
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
We are seeking enthusiastic, empathetic and patient, caring, fun and creative individual to join our dedicated team. This permeant part time position is available for an immediate start with roster flexibly working arrangements across our three facilities. We promote a positive work life balance for our team.
A passion for working with the elderly, flexibility in rostering, a proven ability to prioritise tasks, self-manage and work independently and within a team environment is essential.
This position aims to support people living in aged care as individuals, while partnering with family and the community, to provide meaningful, purposeful and enjoyable experiences in line with the resident’s lifestyle preferences. The successful applicant will be involved in building connections with the residents, encouraging them to express themselves through different forms of arts, crafts and other activities and experiences.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy:
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Rebecca Buchanan, Leisure and Wellbeing Coordinator on 5471 3322
Applications close 27th November 2022
To apply, please click here.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities