Registered Nurse – Operating Suite – Fixed Term
Fixed Term Part Time – 36 hours per fortnight from 16.01.2023 to 24.12.2023
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
Dhelkaya Health is seeking experienced Anaesthetics/PACU Registered Nurses to join our dedicated and friendly Operating Suite team on a fixed term contract.
Dhelkaya Health comprises of two operating theatres and offers a broad range of surgical services for patients. Surgical specialties include Orthopaedics, Urology, Plastics, Gynaecology, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Dental and General surgery. We operate Monday-Friday with no on-call requirements.
Successful applicants must be suitably experienced and have a commitment to providing excellent standards of care and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, while working in a multidisciplinary team and supportive environment.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse.
- 2 years post graduate experience with at least 1 year clinical experience in either Scout/Scrub Anaesthetic and/or PACU role.
- Be innovative and adaptive to change processes
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to mentor and share knowledge with less-experienced staff
- Works well independently and within a team
- A demonstrated awareness of and involvement in quality and risk management
- Dedicated interest in ongoing professional development.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year.
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Miriam Van Egmond, Nurse Unit Manager – Operating Suite 03 5471 3461
Applications close Sunday 27th November 2022
To apply, please click here.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check and compliance with Castlemaine Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities