Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Thompson House
Permanent Part-time 60 hours per fortnight
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
We are looking for motivated, aspiring managers to join our Residential Aged Care team on an ongoing basis at our Castlemaine campus team as an Associate Nurse Manager. Full time and part time hours available.
If you are a Nurse who:
• Has great interpersonal and communication skills
• Has sound nursing skills including infection control, assessment & care planning experience, and are familiar with Aged Care Quality Standards
• Like working in a happy environment and want to be a part of a team who provide amazing person centred care, with support from a NUM.
• The wish to end your work day with a strong sense of accomplishment & job satisfaction
Then we would love to hear from you.
We also offer:
• Working under Safe Patient Care Ratios
• A fantastic close-knit, supportive team to work with
• Access to an Aged care Educator and Clinical Support Nurse, Nurse Practitioner candidate
• Access to dedicated, monthly leadership training
• Flexible roster, promoting work life balance
• Fantastic GP rapports and support
• Ongoing support from experienced Nurse Unit Managers in the RAC team
• Access to a massage chair, free snacks, meals and fruit to support your health and wellbeing at work, because that’s important to us!
• Free staff gym on site
The successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and will be committed to providing high quality nursing services. Importantly, in this leadership role, the ANUM will at all times model best practice and foster positive relationships with staff, residents and the community.
The ANUM position creates opportunities to gain experience in an In-Charge position, and to lead and manage staff of the unit within a supportive environment.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
• Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors.
• Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
• Onsite staff gym
• Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
• Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required.
• The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year.
Dhelkaya Health values diversity and encourages individuals from all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Further information is available from Raquel Knights – NUM on 54713622
Applications close 5th February 2023
Position descriptions and applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted on the Dhelkaya Health website: http://www.castlemainehealth.org.au/employment-opportunities/
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check, NDIS (if required) and compliance with Dhelkaya Health Vaccination Policy.
Posted in Employment Opportunities