Quality Consultant – NSQHS
Fixed Term Contract part-time (64 hours per fortnight) until July 2023
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
About the role
The Quality Consultant is responsible for overseeing improvement activities that enhance the safety, quality and experience of care within Dhelkaya Health.
Working alongside the Director of Quality, Development and Improvement, you will provide clinical support, guidance and advice in relation to patient safety and act as an advisor and change agent for continuous quality improvement.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate specific projects/quality activities
- Sound knowledge of all relevant accreditation frameworks and expected outcomes, particularly National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHS)
- Demonstrated ability in clinical data management and analysis
- A strong understanding of person-centred care and a commitment to patient safety
- Expertise in quality improvement science
- A personal approach which is positive, enthusiastic, friendly and helpful with an ability to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work independently.
- A willingness and ability to learn with flexibility to operate in an environment of change and continuous improvement.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Onsite staff gym
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Dhelkaya Health encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all ages, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ candidates, and people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check, NDIS (if required) and compliance with Dhelkaya Health Vaccination Policy.
Further information is available from Shannon Vaughan, Director Quality, Development and Improvement on 5471 3680.
Applications close Sunday 12th February 2023
How to apply
Position descriptions and applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted on the Dhelkaya Health website: http://www.castlemainehealth.org.au/employment-opportunities/.
Posted in Employment Opportunities