Payroll and Admin Trainee
Fixed Term Contract (12 months) – full-time (80 hours per fortnight)
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
About the role
Reporting to the Payroll Manager in this newly created role, the successful candidate will be trained and mentored in the operation of general payroll duties together with a variety of broad admin tasks. You will assist in the preparation, processing and maintenance of payroll and associated payroll services to Dhelkaya Health and other Health Agencies for whom Dhelkaya Health provide contracted payroll services.
You will be required to develop strong skills in payroll software such as SAP and KRONOS as well as familiarise yourself with the appropriate awards and legislation.
• Advanced computer skills • High attention to detail
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated awareness of confidentiality and privacy principles
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to problem solve whilst paying close attention to detail
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
• Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
• Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
• Onsite staff gym
• Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
• Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
• The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year.
Dhelkaya Health encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all ages, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ candidates, and people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check, NDIS (if required) and compliance with Dhelkaya Health Vaccination Policy.
For further information about this position, please contact Louise Clarke on 03 5471 3545.
Applications close Sunday 26th March 2023.
Position descriptions and applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted on the Dhelkaya Health website: http://www.castlemainehealth.org.au/employment-opportunities
Posted in Employment Opportunities