Quality Consultant Aged Care
About Dhelkaya Health
Dhelkaya Health is a new health service on Dja Dja Wurrung country; it is the coming together of Castlemaine Health, Maldon Hospital and CHIRP Community Health. Dhelkaya Health is shaping a better health system for the people of Mount Alexander Shire and beyond, while staying true and local in everything it does.
Dhelkaya Health delivers a diverse range of inpatient, outpatient, aged care, community health and outreach services to Mount Alexander Shire. It also delivers assessment, rehabilitation and allied health services to neighbouring shires. Dhelkaya Health is committed to the quality, accessibility and sustainability of acute, aged and community-based healthcare, and family and housing services.
Dhelkaya Health has campuses in Castlemaine and Maldon.
About the role
Reporting to the Director – Quality, Development and Improvement, this position is responsible for supporting the establishment and maintenance of quality, clinical governance systems and processes across all areas of Aged Care to ensure a high standard of quality, care and safety. This includes facilitation of continuous improvement measures by identifying, monitoring and actioning activities to improve quality indicators, resident outcomes and experience.
Whilst the role is full time, we are open to considering part time and flexible work arrangements for the right candidate.
About you • Experience in quality improvement and risk management in a healthcare setting
• Sound knowledge of all relevant accreditation frameworks and expected outcomes, particularly the Aged Care Quality Standards and NDIS Practice Standards • Proven ability to build and maintain effective key stakeholder relationships with both internal and external groups
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and data analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable collaborative work and effective outcomes
• A strong understanding of person-centred care and a commitment to patient safety
• Ability to work closely with clinical staff to imbed improvement strategies
• A personal approach which is positive, enthusiastic, friendly and helpful with an ability to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work independently.
• A willingness and ability to learn with flexibility to operate in an environment of change and continuous improvement. • Computer literacy with a proficiency in Microsoft excel
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting
clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
• Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
• Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
• Onsite staff gym
• Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
• Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
• The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year.
Dhelkaya Health encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all ages, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ candidates, and people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check, NDIS (if required) and compliance with Dhelkaya Health Vaccination Policy.
For further information about this position, please contact Shannon Vaughan on 03 547 13680.
Applications close Sunday 2 April 2023.
Position descriptions and applications addressing the key selection criteria can be submitted on the Dhelkaya Health website: http://www.castlemainehealth.org.au/employment-opportunities/.
Posted in Employment Opportunities