Health and Safety
Workplace health and safety in our organisation
Castlemaine Health is committed to the workplace health, safety and wellbeing of our people.
We recognise the importance of:
- continuously improving health and safety in all operations and organisational activities
- acknowledging the integral role of effective consultation and cooperation in achieving work health and safety
- promoting the behaviours, values and attitudes required to build a culture of safety among our people through ‘felt leadership’ and ‘safety always’.
- commitment from all people at Castlemaine Health including employees, contractors, students, volunteers, patients, residents, clients and visitors.
We are committed to the provision and maintenance of a healthy and safe workplace. We comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (2004) and associated relevant legislation, codes of practice and standards.
To achieve this we:
- use a safety management system based on systematic identification, assessment and control of hazards at all levels
- ensure that appropriate facilities, services, training and education empower people to contribute to health and safety management processes, and to the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others
- ensure those involved with our organisation in a work capacity are aware of our workplace health and safety compliance requirements, and recognise that reporting near misses, hazards and incidents are a vital part of the safety management process
- ensure fair and equitable consultation between our people to identify and implement appropriate controls and preventative measures that mitigate workplace safety issues
- continuously improve our workplace health safety management by developing and reviewing measurable health and safety objectives
- encourage a workplace environment where participation, innovation, communication and safe work practices between our people are valued and supported.