Cornish Street – Castlemaine campus
Aged care is situated in three single-story residences around the perimeter of the site. These are Ellery House, Thompson House and Penhall. You can see how the buildings are configured and find parking on our site map.
Main Entry Transformation Project
The Main Entry Transformation Project is a Dhelkaya Health and Victorian Health Building Authority project which is creating a new arrival and entrance experience for our Cornish Street campus.
- demolition of the engineering building
- excavation, removal and re-surfacing of extensive asphalted areas
- new car parking, turning circle, and safe pedestrian paths and walking areas
- improved site access, branding and signage, and wayfinding
- relocation of the property services team into existing supplies building
- sterile stock room fit-out comprising minor demolition works, re-purposing and refurbishment of existing front reception area.
Stage 1 – Resurfacing laundry dock and fit out of the old Supply building
August 2023 – March 2024
The first stage will see the site set-up with site sheds for the contractors to operate from. The old Supply building will be renovated and surface works will see improved tarmac from the Auditorium to the Kitchen and Boiler House. The Laundry loading dock will also be improved.
Stage 2 – Engineering building demolition and new concourse
February 2024 to May 2024
In this phase demolition of the Engineering building will occur to make way for construction of two new carparks. The new carparks will be sited in this phase too.
Stage 3 – New Main Reception and Concourse
A new building will be installed in place on Odgers Road, which will function as the Main Reception. Further concourse works will see the overall site look improved.
Stage 4 – Sterile Stock Facility
October 2024 to December 2024
In this fourth and final phase, the Sterile Stock facility will be moved from its current location into the area currently used by Main Reception.