General District Nursing
Our nursing care is tailored to meet your individual needs and promotes the health and wellbeing of people of all age groups. Treatment plans are individually discussed and negotiated to achieve the best possible outcome for each person.
Typical interventions include:
- wound care management
- medication assistance
- blood pressure &/or blood sugar levels monitoring
- monitoring and support of people with chronic illness
- continence support
- collection of blood for pathology tests (for people who live out of town only)
- nursing care following discharge from hospital
- other treatments requested and negotiated by your doctor
Community nursing does not provide long-term personal care (e.g. showers).
District Nursing is able to provide services through funding from the CHSP and HACC program. This funding is available for older, frail people and young people with disabilities to assist them in the community.
We will communicate with your GP and other services as required.