Castlemaine Health Charter of Rights and Responsibilities
Our staff is committed to providing an integrated service of the highest quality. We will work with you to achieve your best possible health outcome as quickly as possible.
As a client you have the right to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- privacy and confidentiality
- clear information about your treatment, before you consent
- be involved in the development of your care plan
- a safe environment raise concerns about any aspect of the service
- refuse treatment at any time
- know the qualifications of the staff involved in your treatent
- have any cultural, language or religious needs considered
- information about any costs associated with your care
- another opinion on the care proposed.
Your active participation and effort is essential for success.
We ask you to:
- be courteous and respectful of others
- provide accurate and relevant information to ensure appropriate care is provided
- participate in your program to the best of your ability
- let staff know if the proposed treatment is unsuitable
- accept responsibility for decisions you make about your treatment
- attend appointments regularly and punctually
- notify us immediately if you are unable to keep appointments
- provide a safe environment if we visit you at home
- pay any agreed fees
- respect and comply with Castlemaine Health rules.
You/your guardian’s consent is required before any treatment or service begins. By coming into Castlemaine Health’s care you have given general agreement for treatment necessary for your condition.
Operations, anaesthetics and certain diagnostic procedures require your specific consent, and you will be asked to sign a consent form. The need for the procedure should be explained to you first. You may at any time withdraw your consent and refuse further treatment or services.
Download a copy
Download the Charter of Rights and Responsibilities