Strengthening community health
CHIRP Community Health and Castlemaine Health have been working closely together to strengthen community health and services in the local area.
Our respective boards are developing a plan for the integration of community services. This will ensure the continued provision of accessible and responsive community health services for our local communities.
A community and staff consultation was held from 28 September to 6 November 2020. Thanks to everybody who took part.
About the plan
The plan will consider the governance, financial, service, human resource and legal impacts of integration.
It is important to note that all our staff are valued, and community health and services will be enhanced. The integration will result in the combination of staffing and services currently delivered by both organisations.
Both organisations have a long and proud history of working together and by combining their unique strengths, we will further enhance community health and services for our communities across Mount Alexander Shire into the future.
The plan to integrate community health and services aims to:
- ensure future sustainability
- enhance access to community health and services across the Mount Alexander Shire
- strengthen services to better meet the evolving needs of the community
- share the burden of compliance and ensure that our funding can be targeted to services as much as possible
- enhance opportunities for staff development/training/skill sharing and best practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
A set of FAQs are available to help answer any questions you may have about the integration plan.
We will keep people informed and engaged as we move through this process via the website, social media, local media, letters, meetings and consultation opportunities.