As a consumer you have the right to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- privacy and confidentiality
- clear information about your treatment before you consent
- be involved in the development of your care plan
- a safe environment
- raise concerns about any aspect of the service
- refuse treatment at any time
- know the qualifications of the staff involved in your treatment
- have any cultural, language or religious needs considered
- information about any costs associated with your care
- another opinion on the care proposed.
Your active participation and effort is essential for success. We ask you to:
- be courteous and respectful of others
- provide accurate and relevant information to ensure appropriate care is provided
- participate in your program to the best of your ability
- let staff know if the proposed treatment is unsuitable
- accept responsibility for decisions you make about your treatment
- attend appointments regularly and punctually
- notify us immediately if you are unable to keep appointments
- provide a safe environment if we visit you at home
- pay any agreed fees
- respect and comply with Castlemaine Health rules.
Violence and aggression
Our aim is to deliver the best health care to you. To help us achieve that, please respect the right of our staff to:
- be safe at work
- have safe and reasonable access at all times
- not suffer exploitation, abuse, discrimination or harassment.
Need an easy-to-read version? Download the Charter of Healthcare Rights Easy English version from the Australian Commission on Quality & Safety in Health Care.
You can also download the Victorian Charter of Human Rights Easy Read format.